These are few photographs from my Burning series that I took a couple of years ago, they have always been my favorite because they have so much character and texture. They were all taken using film as this is my preferred choice and i find it way more exciting not knowing what you are going to get, it can be annoying and dissapointing at times, but its the nicest feeling when you produce something you are proud of.
With this series I wanted to create almost lightning bolts and sparks of patterns around the people, to do this i burnt into the printed photographs with a lighter, it reacts really quickly so don't hold it in one place for too long otherwise it might burn a whole through and not create those cool yellowy/brown colours. I love this process because i wasn't sat on a computer editing for hours on photoshop till two in the morning, it creates effects almost instantly (You will be done in 2 minutes!)
The burning process tends to react differently to different type of photographic paper, it doesn't really work on the photographic glossy paper you buy in shops i found, only the ones that are printed for you for example boots, snappy snaps etc.
I didn't realise till i clumped all these photographs together that when you look at them all closely the overall impression of them is quite dark and moody. What I originally wanted to get a across was that the subjects of the photo is to represent a place of thought and day dreaming, and the cracks and colour were to symbolise the confusion, complication and problematic thoughts they were having. However looking at it again for some reason the cracks and shapes created remind me on a brain i can't figure out why though ?!
Playlist
Lykke Li-Gun shot
FKA twigs - Two weeks
Wet - You're the Best
Three lovely ladies that i think goes well with the mood of the photographs. Give them all a listen they are all great. They all are quite chilled, probably not for dancing and partying maybe just for one of those quiet nights in. I am really loving Lykke Li's new stuff at the moment it's quite different to her old stuff which was a lot more calmer but just as good. She has actually just done a worldwide tour including loads of dates in the UK, so upset I missed her.






I think it's pretty cool how you managed to do those, especially the one at the graveyard. Nice job and cool post :)
ReplyDeletehttp://novellette.com
https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799
These are awesome! They definitely have a dark/moody feel. Great job. :)
ReplyDelete